Opportunity for CULINARY SKILLS TRAINING AND - INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY AT VATEL RWANDA
Culinary Skills Training and Internship Opportunity at Vatel Rwanda
Vatel Hotel &Tourism Business School is an international Hotel and Tourism School that trains operational managers and executives in the International Hotel and Tourism management industries. With its tried and proven teaching concepts and methodology, Vatel has gained international recognition from the hospitality industry. Vatel Rwanda’s goal is to provide quality education for the youth seeking to join the hospitality sector. The overall impact is to improve skills & employability for youth in Rwanda’s Hospitality & Tourism sector.
For the second time, Vatel Rwanda, in partnership with UNHCR and MINEMA would like to invite qualified young refugees living in Rwanda to apply for a 6-week culinary skills training & internship opportunity and job placement facilitation in the hospitality sector. The training and internship will take place at Vatel Hotel &Tourism Business School’s Center of Excellence (COE) at Nyurah Restaurant in Kigali.
Applications shall start on 24 October 2022 and will close on 3 November 2022. Applications should be submitted during working hours.
Eligible candidates must fulfil the following criteria:
- To be a refugee living in a camp or in the urban area
- To be aged between 18 and 35 years at the time of application
- To be fluent or have a professional knowledge of the English language (short-listed candidates shall undergo a language test)
- To have previously completed technical training in the hospitality area (culinary arts or food and beverages services)
- To be passionate about culinary arts and food and beverages services
- To have NOT been selected for the same Vatel program previously
Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications shall be submitted as follows:
- For refugees living in camps, application files shall be submitted at the Community Center in their respective refugee camp or at the office of the PFR staff in the camp
- For refugees living in urban areas, applications shall be submitted at the Community Centers in Gikondo (Kigali) and Huye, respectively. Applications can also be submitted by email (scanned) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application file should be containing the following documents:
- Completed application form obtained on request at the Community Center in each camp. For those living out of the camp, the form can be downloaded by clicking the following link. VATEL INTERNSHIP APPLICATION FORM
- Clear photocopy of the refugee ID or the proof of registration
- Clear photocopy of the TVET training certificate (Culinary Arts or Food and Beverages services) or any other proof of completion of the training in those areas.
For further details on the application process, please inquire with the PFR staff in the nearest camp or (for those in urban areas) inquire by phone at the following numbers: 0787473604 (Kigali) and 0788701564 (Huye).